RSSAll Articles Tagged With: "Heart Disease"

Eco-Atkins Diet Lowers Heart Risks

Eco-Atkins Diet Lowers Heart Risks

A vegetarian version of the Atkins low-carb diet may help people lose weight and lower levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. A study of the so-called Eco-Atkins diet, which stresses plant proteins, worked better than a high-carb diet at reducing levels of low-density lipoprotein or LDL, which raises

June 15, 4
Herbs to Prevent Heart Disease

Herbs to Prevent Heart Disease

Cardiovascular disease is the No 1 cause of death in America with at least 58,800,000 million Americans suffering from some form of heart disease. The shocking part is that most heart attacks can be prevented by simple changes in your lifestyle. Besides the obvious eating healthy food and…

March 04, 10
Wine Boosts Omega-3 in the Body

Wine Boosts Omega-3 in the Body

A major new finding shows moderate alcohol intake is associated with higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids in plasma and red blood cells. The alcohol acts like a ‘trigger’, boosting the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in our body. It does this by influencing the metabolism of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids, as [...]

December 04, 0
Too Little Vitamin D Puts Heart at Risk

Too Little Vitamin D Puts Heart at Risk

Several large studies have shown that people with low vitamin D levels were twice as likely to have a heart attack, stroke, or other heart-related event. Traditionally associated with bone and muscle weakness, but in recent years a number of studies have shown that low levels of the vitamin may [...]

December 03, 0
Research Proves Heart Disease Can be Reversed

Research Proves Heart Disease Can be Reversed

Research finally agrees with naturopathic physicians that heart disease can be reversed. The study provides hard evidence that tiny pieces of genetic material called microRNA, which degrades the function of heart cells, plays a key role in the development of heart disease. Research using mice concluded by blocking microRNA in heart [...]

December 01, 0
Macadamia Nuts Lower Risk Factors for Coronary Disease

Macadamia Nuts Lower Risk Factors for Coronary Disease

Recent studies are finding that a diet rich in macadamia nuts reduces total cholesterol, including LDL-cholesterol, and reduces risk factors for coronary disease in patients with high cholesterol levels. In April, 2008 the Journal of Nutrition demonstrated that the unique fatty acid profile of nuts beneficially [...]

November 21, 3
Common Food Ingredient L-Cysteine Linked to Heart Disease

Common Food Ingredient L-Cysteine Linked to Heart Disease

L-Cystine is anamino acid that’s found in proteins. It’s a common dough conditioner and flavor enhancer in human and pet foods. It is derived from Chinese duck feathers approximately 80% of the time, the other 20% is human hair [...]

November 19, 5

Subscribe To OrganicJar

Recommend on Google

Support OrganicJar Sponsors