- is an ancient crop of the Western Pacific. It is primarily used to relax without disrupting mental clarity. It’s great for improved concentration, anxiety, stress relief and insomnia.
St. John’s Wort
– is an ancient herb that is a flowering plant. ("Wort" is an old English word for an herb or plant.) It is primarily used to treat depression and anxiety. It can also be used to treat mild bruises and burns.
- are the female flower cones of the hop plant (also used in brewing of beer). It is used to treat nervous disorders, irritability, insomnia and sleep disorders because of its calming effect.
– has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is used for sleep disorders, anxiety, intestinal conditions, skin infections and inflammation.
– has also been used for thousands of years. It is used to improve sleep patterns, has a relaxing effect on the nervous system and promotes relaxation.
r - acts like a sedative and is used for restlessness, anxiety, and agitation.
As with all heath supplements, make sure to consult your physician or qualified herbal professional before taking any herbal stress reduction treatments or other herbal supplements.
I would really enjoy hearing some of the ways you deal with stress, so leave me a comment and help educate us all.
Source: readersdigest wikipedia
(OrganicJar) Stress is a powerful emotion that is a factor in numerous illnesses including depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, fatigue, and high blood pressure. It’s believed that practically every illness has stress as a contributing factor which is why we should do what we can to minimize it.
Our society has a difficult time trying to relax but there is no escape from stress in today’s world. Reducing this stress is vital to living a healthy life, so we all must learn how to cope with it. Herbs have been used for 100’s of years and are a great, effective, inexpensive alternative to today’s drugs. Here are some of my favorites: