- 2 Cups - Raw Organic Almonds
- 4 Cups - Purified Water
- 2 Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- A Dash of Cinnamon (optional)
- Nut Milk Bag / Cheesecloth (or as Lisa mentioned a cheap 'Paint Strainer' found at any hardware store)
- Soak the almonds in 2 cups water for 24 hours; rinse well and discard soaked water (forgot to mention this in the video). Why you need to soak your almonds: Raw organic almonds have a natural growth inhibitor on the outside that is toxic — not deadly, but not pleasant, especially for sensitive individuals. The 24 hour soaking removes this. I usually change the water several times, just to remove the toxins.
- Blend: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain: Strain through a nut milk bag. You can use a nylon bag designed for this purpose, a hemp bag designed for sprouting, a cheese cloth or even a paint strainer found at any local hardware store.
- Enjoy! The liquid is the milk. The pulp has plenty of nutrition and uses.
Help Others! Tells Us How You Use Your Almond Pulp!
Check out more great articles that will empower you to make positive changes in your health!
Comments: 7 | Post a Comment | Trackback URL
Trackbacks: 3 | Trackback URL
- From Tweets that mention How to Make a Nut Milk - Almond Milk -- Topsy.com on Nov 25, 2009
- From uberVU - social comments on Nov 25, 2009
- From Content Beauty / Wellbeing Blog | Organic Skincare | Organic Make-Up - How to Make a Nut Milk on Apr 4, 2010