(OrganicJar) If you don’t know what a Neti Pot is then your in for a great surprise, especially if you suffer from allergies or sinus infections. Even if you know what it is, maybe you don’t know how to use it.
I created a quick fun video explaining how to use this ancient device and even invited a friend who’s never heard the word, give it a try for the first time.
What Is A Neti Pot
A Neti pot is a simple all natural way to clean and flush out your nasal cavities. It uses a warm saline solution(salt and water) and gravity to quickly and easily flush out the 4 nasal passages we have.
Neti pots can be made from clay, glass, various metals, plastic, or ceramic. They cost anywhere from $6.00 to $20.00. The neti pot in the video, which I use is by Ancient Secrets (click here to buy on Amazon) it cost $10.
The neti pot used with a saline solution has been shown to be an effective treatment for hay fever, sinusitis, nasal blockage (due to: pollution, pollen, dust) and other nasal conditions.
The nasal passages are considered the doorway for most diseases. They consist of finely-tuned hairs and a mucus membranes, that are intended to catch and restrain foreign entities from entering our bodies. Its how nature protects us from diseases.
Unfortunately, this filtering mechanism can become overloaded through high exposure to pollution, chemicals, fragrances, pollen and dust. Cleansing this ‘filter’ regularly allows it to operate more efficiently.
How To Use A Neti Pot
- Fill the Neti Pot with warm water.
- Mix in a heaping 1/4 tsp of finely ground non-iodized salt in roughly 8oz of your warm water. (this equates to 0.9% solution – the same as human blood – and is called an isotonic solution).
- Tilt your head to the side as shown in the video and place the nose cone of the neti pot into the raised nostril, sealing it to the nostril with a few twists and slight pressure.
- Open your mouth and breathe gently through your mouth. Relax. If you’re calm, the water flows right through. I like to focus and visualize the water flowing smoothly through my nasal passages. Try not to sniff, swallow, laugh, talk or have any movement of air through the nose while the water is flowing through.
- Raise the neti pot slowly to create a steady flow of saline solution through the upper nostril and out the lower nostril. During the process you can breathe through your mouth.
- When you’re done, gently blow out through both nostrils to clear any water or mucus from the nasal passages.
- Change sides, reverse the tilt of your head and repeat the process on the other side.
You can also use herbal oils and herbal remedies instead of water. If you’ve ever done this, please leave a comment and let us know. Cheers!
Check out more great articles that will empower you to make positive changes in your health!
- JUICER CONTEST! Who Has The Better Juicer: Braun? Omega? Breville?
- Oil Spill: Why is this 100% Organic Solution Being Ignored?
- Documentary THE COVE Exposes Secret Slaughtering of Dolphins
- Deceptive Techniques of Food Labels, What You Read is NOT What You Get!
- What Your Tongue is Telling You About Your Health