More Amazing Benefits of Rooibos Tea!
- Helps to give you strong bones and teeth because of its calcium, manganese and fluoride content.
- Is often prescribed for nervous tension and mild depression as it makes a relaxing sedative.
- Helps to control your appetite thus beneficial in weight loss.
- Contains magnesium which is necessary for a healthy nervous system.
- Helps pacify infants with colic, stomach cramps and sleeping problems. Simply mix some Rooibos tea with expressed breast milk or formula. It is 100% natural with no colorants or preservatives.
- Contains no oxalic acid and can therefore be enjoyed by persons suffering from kidney stones.
- Put used rooibos tea bags in the refrigerator or freezer. After a hard day's work, put on tired or red eyes to soothe and relax.
- Increases the absorption of iron in the body.
- Makes a great thirst-quencher and sport drink. Because of its mineral content of iron, potassium, zinc, manganese and sodium, it restores the body's equilibrium after strenuous exercise.
- Drink it hot or cold, with or without milk, sugar or honey. Add lemon or mix it with fruit juices for a lovely blend. Rooibos tea is also used in cooking and baking. It replaces the liquid content in recipes for soups, marinades, sauces, stews and cakes for added flavor and nutrition.
- And Rooibos tastes divine! It is less bitter than most teas.
My Thoughts:Rooibos is my new favorite tea and it's very versatile! I brew it for about 4 minutes, then add a splash of organic hemp milk, with some raw honey....delicious! With its many positive attributes, Rooibos tea is a great choice of drink for health conscious people and a superfood we should all consume! I haven't found it in many stores, but there are lots of places online, make sure its 100% organic!
Would love to know how others make there perfect cup of Rooibos?Source: wikipedia.org webmd.com
Check out more great articles that will empower you to make positive changes in your health!