(OrganicJar) Happy Earth Day Everyone! Earth Day is great; it’s a wonderful opportunity for millions of people around the world to take action to help save our delicate planet; the only bummer is that it’s only one day each year. Here are 10 easy ways everyone can contribute to saving this beautiful blue ball in the sky that we all love!
10. Use eco-friendly household cleaners. It doesn’t make any sense to use “dirty” chemicals to make things cleaner. Recommend: (ECover, Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, B_E_E, Method)
9. Composting (recycling your food). Did you know over 60% of household waste is fit for composting. Put a bin in your garage, under your sink or see if your city has a free program.
8. Use a low-flow showerhead which can save you gallons of water and money, each time you use it.
7. Use recycled paper. There’s no need to use virgin paper for things like computer printing, envelopes, paper towels, toilet paper or tissues.
6. Unplug electronic devices you don’t use, especially your computer at night!
5. If given the choice, buy organic fruits, veggies, meat and dairy over conventional food. Because organic food is all free of pesticides, herbicides and other chemical and non-desirables, it’s better for you and the planet.
4. Replace your light bulbs with energy efficient bulbs, preferable LED bulbs which don’t inhibit your health as fluorescent bulbs can.
3. Use rechargeable batteries instead of single-use batteries. Recommend: Green Batteries
2. Instead of buying bottled water, buy a refillable water bottle. Klean Kanteen makes great eco-friendly ones!
1. The number one way to help save the planet, and my favorite…bring your own grocery bags! It’s so easy to do, just keep the bags in your car or hang them by the door and remember to bring them in the store. I even use mine when I go shopping at the mall.
Now it’s time to go forth and take action! Make sure to sign-up for our Newsletter as well! We’ll be choosing 10 people to win a Free Organic Cotton Reusable Grocery Bag!
We all have the power to make great changes. The earth is such a precious thing…this mysterious blue floating ball filled with amazing, vibrant life. Let’s keep it this way!!
Tell Us How YOU Help Save The Earth!!
Check out more great articles that will empower you to make positive changes in your health!